Help Welcome New Sooners! Share a Short Video
Think back to the first time you stepped foot onto the beautiful University of Oklahoma campus — it probably seemed both exciting and overwhelming. Now, imagine being a new Sooner whose first year at OU looks totally different than they imagined, and who now faces a combination of in-person and online classes unlike those you experienced.
We invite you to help show Gibbs College’s incoming students the support of Oklahoma alumni and friends by sharing a short welcome message and advice for our new students.
How to Submit a Video
The length is up to you, and we’ve provided a list of sample topics to talk about, but feel free to talk about as many or as few as you would like.
Hint: Short and sweet works well, because we will be cutting these videos together into one mash-up!
You video should include:
- A brief introduction with your name and grad year
- A welcome/good luck message
- End with a Boomer Sooner, if you like!
- Your favorite thing about being an Oklahoma alumnus, student, faculty or staff member, or supporter
- Advice for the class of 2024 as they begin their Oklahoma journey such as:
- The thing(s) you know now that you wish you knew as a freshman/first year grad student
- Tips for navigating campus
- Best study spots on campus
- Top restaurants/places to grab a bite in Norman
Submission: Please submit by Monday, August 10.
To submit your video, you have two options:
- Email your video to email@example.com
- Drop your video in this shared folder linked here:
- Record on your phone, a tablet, or from your desktop webcam
- Film your video horizontally, if possible
- Find a quiet place with balanced lighting
- Speak slowly
- Keep it short and sweet
- Be excited!
Published on August 04, 2020