Please join us in congratulating Prof. Marjorie Callahan on her promotion to Full Professor! Prof. Callahan was promoted due to her strong track record of excellence in teaching, research and creative activity, and service at the University of Oklahoma for over 20 years. Read on for key highlights from Prof. Callahan’s distinguished career.
Prof. Marjorie Callahan: Career Highlights
- Over $390,000 in funding, with $365,000 coming from external sources
- Over 50 different community projects including master plans, building designs, and reports for communities ranging from Yukon, Edmond and Guthrie in Oklahoma to Washington D.C., and beyond
- Four U.S. Department of State Diplomacy Lab collaborations, bringing her students out of the classroom and consulting with the State Dept.
- Appointed by the NCARB President to help rewrite the licensing exam as a member of the Architectural Licensing Exam Task Force
- Service as Associate Dean, Associate Director, Interim Director of Landscape Architecture, Interim Director of Interior Design, and Graduate Liaison in the Gibbs College of Architecture
- Reinvention of the Architecture professional practice curriculum
- Awarded the 2017 Provost’s Outstanding Academic Advising Award
- Awarded the 2010 Merrick Foundation Teaching Award