New Books Added to the Gibbs College Library (August 2020)
The library located in Gould Hall, home to the Christopher C. Gibbs College of Architecture, has been adding to its collection!
Members of the campus community have access to these new resources and more, found in Room 105 and/or online. Some additional resources and support services provided by OU Libraries include:
- The library’s home page, which includes research resources for all of Gibbs College’s academic disciplines: https://libraries.ou.edu/content/architecture-library.
- Making an appointment to meet with research librarian Dr. Matt Stock if you require specialized support on a research topic. Click here to make an appointment.
- Support with Data Analytics, Visualization & Informatics in order to execute a project, be sure to check out the 1:1 guidance offered by OU Libraries’ Data Analytics, Visualization & Informatics Syndicate (DAVIS). Click here to see their office hours.
For more information on the library’s new books, including how to check them out, follow the links below.
- Design technics : archaeologies of architectural practice / Zeynep Çelik Alexander and John May
- Klip and Corb on the road : the dual diaries and legacies of August Klipstein and Le Corbusier on their eastern journey, 1911 : including the complete text of A. Klipstein’s diary / Ivan Žaknić
- Accueillir le vivant l’architecture comme écosystème = Hosting life architecture as an ecosystem / Chartier Dalix ; préface, Philippe Clergeau
- Beneath the China boom : labor, citizenship, and the making of a rural land market / Julia Chuang
- Supercities on, under, and beyond the earth : housing, feeding, powering, and transporting the urban crowds of the future / Jeff Dondero
- That damn art woman : Adah Robinson, Bruce Goff and the controversy behind the design of the Boston Avenue Methodist Episcopal Church, South / Teresa Holder
- A modern history of European cities : 1815 to the present / Rosemary Wakeman
- Increments of neighborhood : a compendium of built types for walkable and vibrant communities / Brian O’Looney ; with contributions by Alex Dickson, Payton Chung, Nat Bottigheimer, and Kelly Mangold ; featuring the built work of Torti Gallas and Partners [and others]
- The surreal visions of Hernán Díaz Alonso / HDA-X
- Satyendra Pakhalé : culture of creation / concept, Satyendra Pakhalé, Tiziana Proietti ; editor, Jane Szita ; authors, Alberto Alessi [and fifteen others]
- Making and being : embodiment, collaboration, and circulation in the visual arts, a workbook / by Susan Jahoda and Caroline Woolard of BFAMFAAPhD
- Powerhouse : the life and work of Judith Chafee / Christopher Domin and Kathryn McGuire ; [introduction by William J.R. Curtis]
- Courtyard living : contemporary houses of the Asia-Pacific / Charmaine Chan
- Souto de Moura : memory, projects, works / Francesco Dal Co, Jorge Figueira, Nuno Graça Moura, Giovanni Leoni, Carlos Machado, Rafael Moneo, Álvaro Siza, Eduardo Souto de Moura
- Treehouses, towers, and tea rooms : the architecture of Terunobu Fujimori / J.K. Mauro Pierconti ; with texts by Terunobu Fujimori ; photographs by Akihisa Masudu
- A wonder to behold : craftsmanship and the creation of Babylon’s Ishtar Gate / edited by Anastasia Amrhein, Clare Fitzgerald, Elizabeth Knott
Published on August 19, 2020