Students Publish Vol. 4 of “_543: The OU Architectural Theory and Criticism Journal”
Graduate students enrolled in ARCH 5543, “Research and Critical Writing,” have collaborated to edit the latest edition of _543: The OU Architectural Theory and Criticism Journal.
For this issue, graduate students Ashley Darden, Melanie Blake, Colin Bost, Jizelle Childers, Solomon Harrison, and Donovan Linsey selected the following essays:
- “Please take off your shoes,” by Noah Baker
- “The Perot Museum,” by Harris Youngblood
- “The Experience of the Milwaukee Art Museum,” by Peyton Kroh
- “Rising from the Earth,” by Nicole Aldana Ramos
- “The Monumental Approach of the Denver Art Museum,” by Tala Bahadori
- “The Deep Ellum District,” by Alexandra Sipes
Essays are authored by students enrolled in sections of ARCH 4543/5543, “Research and Critical Writing” taught by Stephanie Pilat, Angela Person, Francesca Giani, and Dayton Clark. This is the fourth volume of _543, which appears each spring semester.
“Research and Critical Writing” allows upper-division and graduate students in architecture, environmental design and interior design to explore design theory and criticism in a seminar-based environment.
To read past essays published in _543, click here.
Published on February 22, 2021