Gibbs College to Host Food Drive Competition Benefiting OU Food Bank
From February 17 – 21, 2020, the Christopher C. Gibbs College of Architecture is hosting an All-College Food Drive Competition to benefit the OU Food Pantry.
Who is competing
All college divisions will compete against one-another, with the teams being as follows:
- Construction Science
- Interior Design
- Landscape Architecture + Environmental Design
- Regional and City Planning
How to participate
Students, faculty and staff should drop off their non-perishable food donations in the Gould Hall Dean’s Suite (rm. 180) between February 17 – 21. Find the box with your team name on it, and place your donation inside before 5 p.m. on February 21st.
What is the prize
The winning team will receive a pizza party sponsored by the Haskell and Irene Lemon Division of Construction Science on February 26th.
What happens to your donations
All donations will be delivered to the OU Food Pantry, which provides sustenance to all OU students, staff and faculty in need of nutrition assistance.
The University of Oklahoma Food Pantry’s mission is to contribute to the overall health and wellness of the OU campus community by providing free supplemental food assistance.
We hope you’ll join us in giving back to the OU community!
+ + +
OU FOOD PANTRY NEEDS (Please no expired items)
- Vegetable oil
- Pasta (all shapes, sizes)
- Jarred pasta sauce
- Canned fruit: mandarin oranges, pineapple, applesauce, etc.
- Canned chicken, tuna, other meats
- All kinds
- Salad dressings
- Canned soup
- Canned vegetables
- Mac and cheese
- Boxed Dinners: Mashed Potato, Scalloped Potato, Hamburger Helper, etc.
- Peanut butter/Jelly
- Granola bars
- Tea bags
- Mixes: Cake mix, pancake mix, etc.
- Drinks: Water, Gatorades, flavored drinks, Juices (no Soda please)
- Baby wipes
- Body wash
- Laundry detergent
- Disinfecting wipes
- Toilet cleaner
- Dish soap
- Paper towels/toilet paper
- Period Products (pads, tampons)
Published on February 10, 2020