OU Urban Design Studio to Co-Host “Aging in Place” Event
The University of Oklahoma Urban Design Studio will co-host an event titled “Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Aging in Place” on February 20, 2020, from 5:30 – 8:40 p.m., at the OU-Tulsa Schusterman Learning Center (Founders Hall). Healthy snacks and light refreshments will be provided. To download the event flyer, click here.
The event, which is part of the Urban Design Studio’s emphasis on Community Health and Environmental Design, will feature the following presentations:
- “Universal Design Principles in Creating More Accessible Communities,” by Dave Boeck
- “Functional Supports that Facilitate Aging in Place for People with Dementia,” by Dr. Carrie Ciro
- “The Promise of Intergenerational Housing: Reciprocal Benefits for All,” by Dr. Kimberly Cassie
- “Aging in Place for American Indians: Cultural Considerations,” by Carol Stewart
- “PAWsitive Aging in Place with Canines,” by Dr. Mary Isaacson
To register visit https://conta.cc/38A8R32. Continuing education credits are available.
The event is co-sponsored by the OU Anne and Henry Zarrow School of Social Work, the OU Christopher C. Gibbs College of Architecture, and the OU College of Allied Health.
For accommodations, please contact Shawn Schaefer at (918) 660-3493
The University of Oklahoma is an Equal Opportunity Institution. www.ou.edu/eoo
Published on February 10, 2020